Updated July 14 1994.
Black Market Items:
The black market cyborg will only appear (at random) and offer things
that you have enough money to buy.
- $20,000 Grim Reaper (car): A great car. You see it when some of the other illegal goods are offered to you. Speed: 305 / Acc: Awesome / Armor:
- $25,000 Blacklash (car): The closest you'll get to a batmobile. Speed: 330 / Acc: Fair / Armor: Great .
- $30,000 Dragon (car) : Watch out track records. This cars really moves. You can see this car in the C'N'B Intro getting blown off the track by
Drugger. Speed: 355 / Acc: Good / Armor: Awesome.
- $25,000 Dragon Turbo Laser:Blows everything away with relative ease. If you can't blow everybody away on the first lap, stop, wait and let the
other racers lap you (or catch up if you're ahead) and let them
know who's boss.
- $9,000 Advanced Targeting Computer: Helps in targeting enemy drivers faster and more accurately.
- $11,000 Cloaking Device: Makes you somewhat invisible, but the drivers will still shoot at you. When you take enough damage it wears off.
- $10,000 Polarity Inverter: Blocks projectiles most of the time.
- $18,000 Doomsday Missile:Does Awesome damage, but you just get one per reload. It won't blow up an undamaged driver, but you'll seriously
hurt him or her.
- $16,000 120mm Gauss Gun: Does heavy damage like the Vulcan cannon, but shoots much slower - 5 sec. reload, ammo 1000.
If you finish a track but don't get the record time, you may still
get $2,000 if the next track's record time is higher than the time
you got. Just reset the game and you'll receive the record time
bonus. Example--on track 3 the record time is 1:04, and you finish
in 1:10. No record. But track 4's record time is 1:21, and your
track 3 time of 1:10 was below that. Reset and you'll be at the
money screen after track 3, but you'll receive the $2,000 record
Note that this trick can work against you, taking away your
legitimate record time bonus if you reset on a track with a lower
This is simple--never continue. The game saves after every race
automatically, so just reset the machine (or hit pause and choose
quit) whenever you die. Just load the saved game and keep racing.
The message in the sideline of Deathdrome track 4 reads:
Once upon a time a genius, a spiritual overlord and a visionary
racing criminal became "sotally tober" and decided they would create
a legend. Mark said, "Future shock on wheels. Sex, drugs, and rock
'n roll at 100MPH! And with more guns than the LAPD. It's what
America's all about!" Madeline raised the toast, "And make sure it
is done before September or we'll swing by our heels." And thus it
was decided But they needed some help. Little did they know that a
hedgehog trainer named Bill would arrive in a few weeks all set to
kick some asphalt. "Don't tell me the odds," said Bill, "and I won't
tell you to get the hell out of my office. "Bill put the 'I' in
Artificial Intelligence, and a little A, too, just to keep me from
going insane (again). Cyrus creater a killer two million dollar
demo, and then put together the best art teams ever legally
assembled. "Programming doesn't have to be ugly," he said.
"Programmers, maybe, but this thing will shine when me and Steve get
done with it." Steve shrugged. "Say what you like, 'cause I'm not
listening." Steve listens to only Rocker, Twix, Druger and Klaw
(NOT!). "This thing will shine when me and Cyrus get done with it,"
says Steve. And so it began, at first a train wreck waiting to
happen. But later the prize of the show was winning the blue bundle
ribbon. Another Bill joined (you can never have to many Bills) and
glued the whole thing together with Steve after setting all the cars
on fire. The other Bill says mysteriously, "And wait until you see
the other tunnels, too." As always, a few stunt programmers were
needed. Troy, feeling like Godot as he waited for OS (should have
been called the SOS) tried to make the Fat Lady sing, but when asked
to play a tune, Troy sez "Bite me!" and stumbles home to bed at
130MPH. In the end, both the ground and the grunge behaved, and much
sleep was had by all. A final thank-you to Frankie Goes to Hollywood
(just like 3DO) for their musical inspiration! "The Ballad of Crash
'N Burn" was written by Jon "nakasete miyou" Horseley