Motif FAQ (Part 9 of 9)
298) Why doesn't the Help callback work on some widgets?
299) How can I implement "bubble help" or "tool tips" with Motif?
300) Can I specify a widget in a resource file?
301) Why are only some of my translations are being installed? I
302) Where can I get the PanHandler code?
303) What are these passive grab warnings? When I destroy certain
304) How do I have more buttons than three in a MessageBox? I want
305) How do I create a "busy working cursor"?
306) Can I use the hourglass that mwm uses?
307) What order should the libraries be linked in?
308) How do I use xmkmf for Motif clients?
309) How do I use imake with Motif 2.0?
310) How do I make context sensitive help? The Motif Style Guide
311) How do I debug a modal interaction?
312) Why can't I install my own colormap using XInstallColormap?
313) How do I install a private colormap?
314) How do I get correct shadow colors to match other color
315) What color algorithm does Motif use? I am told that Motif uses
316) How can you access the superclass widget from which Motif
317) Can the Notebook widget display non-rectangular "file tabs"?
318) How does the clipboard mechanism work?
319) Why does the xyz application core dump when I cut and paste?
320) Why is XtWindow(widget) == 0?
321) Why doesn't XtNameToWidget (widget, "MyName") work?
322) Why does my callback's client data structure contain incorrect
323) How can an application manage events on multiple displays?
324) Can a Motif application create windows on mutiple screens (on a
325) Why do I get "Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to
326) Why do I get link errors about "XShape" symbols?
327) Why do I get link errors about "ICE" and "SM" symbols?
328) Why does my X11R6 program crash with undefined symbol
329) How do I programatically control xwd to dump a specific window?
330) How can I display an xwd in a window (without using xwud)?
331) Can I write a multi-threaded Motif application?
332) How can I dump my widget instance tree in a way that reflects
333) How do I convert my xpm file into a Pixmap? (The xpm file is
334) How can I display a gif/jpeg/tiff picture in a widget?
335) How do I get the events for gadgets? Or the name of the gadget?
336) Can I set the foreground and background colors of gadgets?
337) Where can I get the xmon or xscope programs to trace my X
338) What does the error "Couldn't find per display information"
339) Can I set widget fallback resources after I've called
340) Can I use the newline character in widget names?
341) Is anybody out there selling Windows95 look-alike widgets? Why
342) How can I convert my OLIT programs to the Motif look & feel?
343) Where can I obtain X and Motif applications?
344) What does this mean: Warning: Cannot find callback list in
345) If a single widget has multiple callback functions, are they
346) Why are some widgets still visible after I call
347) If I call XtGetValues on a resource that does not exist for a
348) Can I reparent a widget (change its parent)?
349) Are there any "year 2000" issues within Motif?
350) Can I suppress or customize Motif warning and error messages?
351) TOPIC: HISTORY and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS